Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Day 12 for 31 days of May-keovers-Elimination becomes illumination


Three years ago I was so sick I never thought that I would ever feel better. I had so much fatigue, pain and depression. I went to a GI who did an endoscopy. It cleared me out financially along with the blood work I had to do too. I called and they told me I had Mono but said nothing else. My friend, who happens to be my best friend now, kept telling me I should see her doctor. Finally, after she practically made the appointment and dragged me there, I had this general Physician look at my blood work. What happened next I will never forget! It took 1 or 2 minutes to look at my labs, and he asked how long I had had Celiac?

I said "What?" in disbelief. Tears ran down my shocked face as I received confirmation from several other doctors he showed it to. Celiac. Well, it made sense but I knew little about it, except that I would have to eliminate Gluten. Little did I know how difficult it would be. Gluten is in EVERYTHING! Yet, three years later I have been Gluten Free and a label reading expert. When I eliminated the problem I found relief. I had to give up a lot of things I loved. Oh bread how I miss you! I eat the GF bread but it is like cardboard in comparison. It is  good though for what ingredients are available to work with..

Several months ago my back started hurting. Not just like I had a bad knot in it or something but really hurting. I was diagnosed with FIBROMYALGIA. My stomach had been hurting and I figured out it was soy. I suspected dairy might be hurting my stomach also. Eliminated. I started to feel better and then almond milk and nuts hurt.  On May 1rst I was in so much pain maybe my body went into shock. I was so sick! Day after day since then ALL foods seem to hurt my stomach. Tomorrow I get a scope done to see what is up. I can only eat clear liquids right now and even the broth and fruit juice hurts! I could use some illumination right about now!

Who likes being kept in the dark? Not me! I hate the unknown.Illumination to me is not just light but a bright light of insight or being brought to an awareness. It is improvement and edification. What in your life is hindering you in some way? Are you too busy to enjoy anything? Do you have people in your life that bring you down? Clutter in your house or mind? Do you have debt weighing you down? When you ELIMINATE what is holding you back you should over time start to feel this illumination. It will radiate and spread through your life. It should feel like a heavy weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

Eliminating gluten from my diet made me feel stronger and happier. I stopped getting colds that would last and turn into Bronchitis. At one point I was on 3 different antibiotic/steroids pre-diagnosis. I miss food I can't eat but I would never go back! The pain is not worth it!

Today's assignment:
Choose something in your life to eliminate or change. Pay attention to how you feel. You could journal about it too. You know that is what I would do! :) For me I am going to try the elimination diet. I will be eliminating most common foods that cause allergies over a period of time and adding them back in slowly. I am hoping for some ILLUMINATION here soon.

P.S.-Thank you to all who have helped me or showed they care. I am thankful for your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment