Monday, May 25, 2015

Day 24 and 25 for 31 days of May-keovers-5 ways to think differently

I feel like lately I have opened Pandora's box of change. Maybe I am in some sort of funkI just feel that I need something different. I figure my way of thinking has really led to over thinking and analyzing. This leads to worry. Maybe I can't really give up the past or I am tired of doing the same things from day to day. I know I am tired of feeling cruddy all the time and having no energy! Can you teach a dog new tricks? Can I learn to think differently?

1.What if I told you to pick a time of day to make yourself more aware of you. What do you think? Could you do it? Think of your emotions and your deepest thoughts. It is almost like you are buying yourself a new outfit. When you put it  on, in that moment, you feel different. You may feel prettier or more confident. Making yourself more aware of you has the same effect I think.

2.Give positive affirmations a try. "I will be more positive." I have heard a lot of hype of positive affirmations. I have tried them but I can't seem to do it for more than a couple of days and then I loose interest. You have more power than you think to change bad thoughts or behaviors and turn them around. You wouldn't walk out on the tracks when a train is  coming. Don't allow negative thoughts or dwelling in the past to derail you!

3. Train your mind to make a small change. For me it is to let things go because I am a type A control freak! Just a little change can start to rewire your thinking. It is like this. Imagine you have the same routines everyday. You wake up and get ready, then do your to do list and take a walk the same way everyday. What if you went a different way completely or walked a little longer. Could you drop one thing on your to do list and try a new hobby instead or just do nothing at all?

4. There is more to explore. There are new places to go and new people to meet. Do something that scares you or you feel you might fail at if you try.

5. Put an end to destructive and negative thinking. Recognize where the problem is and replace it with the good.

These 5 steps may take years or even less, months. It will take time. You may have to close a few doors and put caution tape up so you never go back, but new doors will open. Your inner and outer reflection will change too!

Todays assignment
Pick one of the above steps and give it a try. Start small and be kind to yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment