Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Letter F - What to do with those that bug you- Pre-K and toddler lesson



Devotional:
Genesis 1:30- And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein [there is] life, [I have given] every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Romans 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

Bugs are fascinating. Some bugs are pests and I shudder just thinking about them. My kids love finding them. We are talking about bugs and also about how to have more patience and not be bothered so quickly. To be like bugs you:
  • Be like a praying mantis and pray for those that bug you
  • find solutions to things that bug you
  • wait to clam down or receive an ANTswer to your prayer
  • Bee calm and an example
  • Be a lady and don't give an attitude
  • fly away until you can play nicely
  • go outside when you get ANTsy

I haven't been feeling well for months and so I have been trying to find things my younger kids can do online on those days so they are still learning.

Activity: F is for Find. We looked at Tinker Bell's Look and find. We counted how many of different things were in there and wrote the numbers down. I tried to get my Pre-K to practice them but he wasn't in the mood.
Story: It was an online story called Henry and the sugar bugs.
  • talk about the importance of brushing your teeth
 Numbers: Played a game Fuzz bugs . This is great for counting, sorting and comparing. It is really quite fun and addictive.

Here are more ideas for those creepy crawly bugs! We will keep studying bugs for a few more weeks!

Here are some other bug units I have done


No comments:

Post a Comment