Thursday, May 14, 2015

Day 14 for 31 days of May-keovers-To eat it or not to eat it. That is the question!


I have been talking so much about the pain in my stomach lately. I am sorry about that. However, it has led me to the conclusion to try the elimination diet since my body has already been cleansed. Not fun by the way! Often it is not our diet but moving more or exercising that can help. So much of our day is spent sitting at a desk and/or our cars. I cannot control much about the pain I am feeling, but I can try to move more. I have been thinking I really need a workout buddy too. I need someone to push me because it hurts so bad to try to move most days.But for now I can see if food is the problem. I will share what I eat and rate my pain for that day. I am not sure how many posts I will devote to this, but this is something affecting my daily life. It is hard not to think about it. I chose this picture because I feel like I am looking at food very closely these days.I can't just wait until I receive a diagnosis so here I go on another food adventure!

Our food is our fuel. There are so many diets out there. Paleo, Vegan and gluten diets cost more to me in the long run. I have kind of dabbled in a little of each of the diet worlds.  It is also a social nightmare. I always have to say I can't eat that or there is nothing on the menu so I end up with an expensive salad or rice plate. There is no such thing as fast food for those with food allergies. It is all about planning ahead and it takes a lot of work.

5/13/15
Post scope-2 pieces of Udis gf bread
Dinner: Made a batch of soup with cut up carrots, mushrooms, celery, and onions. I also added 3-4 cloves of garlic from our garden, I might add, and onions. I had a bowl of that with quinoa and more toast. I also ate a little bit of chicken.
I then had another bowl before bed because I am starving!
pain on scale of 1-5. 1 being the least amount of pain. I am on a 5.

5/14/15
breakfast-leftover soup
sun flower seeds
coconut milk
strawberries
snack-apple

sunflower seeds
bowl of soup

Lunch-Chicken, sun flower seeds
green beans with quinoa

Dinner-Leftover soup, apple and sunflower seeds
Pain level is still a 5.

I also went to the doctor today and they did blood work and I am scheduled for a CT scan.

Today's assignment:
Choose to change or give up something in your diet. You could give up sugar for a week or try to eat less processed foods. Maybe you need to eat more fruits and vegetables? Another option is to cut back on portion sizes. Unless directed by your doctor, don't go on any fad diets. I just want you to make a little change so that you can be healthier. Besides the diet change, I am trying to eat slower and be mindful while I am eating. I am hoping this will lead to better conversation and digestion. We should not be human vacuums consuming all in our path! LOL

P.s. I have heard about fitness pal. It helps you count your calories https://www.myfitnesspal.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment