Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Day 5 for 31 days of May-keovers-How to learn more about yourself. See my personality revealed!

 

I have always wondered what personality type I am. I took 2 tests. The first was Myer Briggs test and the Type A or B personality. I am hoping that learning more about my personality I can find out what I need to fix. I don't feel like anything is wrong with me just that I would like to improve in certain areas. I think in a crazy way this is me taking a step to accept me.

My Myer Briggs result was ENFJ. Find out what this means here

Pros:



ENFJs are people person's. They are goal oriented and prefer to be organized. They also have a gift to connect with people.

Cons :
  • They know how to get under peoples skin and get the result they want.
  • Need to be alone but they tend to turn to dark thoughts when alone.
  • They can feel lonely even when with people because they fail to show their true selves
  • Particular with organization especially at home
  • Bored and restless with the present
  • Highly sensitive and judge too quickly in situations without  seeing all the possibilities
  • Find it hard to make big decisions. It is hard for them to "sleep on it"
  • Tend to worry and feel guilty
  • Interested in routine and stability and not spontaneity from partners
  • Can also be needy or overbearing to partners
  • Feel hurt and unloved by children's rebellion
I loved what this website had to say about EFNJ types. It gives me comfort knowing I might be able to survive the teenage years if I just try not to be stubborn and dig my heels in.

"Luckily, these occasions will likely be rare. ENFJs' intuition gives them a talent for understanding, and regardless of the heat of the moment, their children will move on, remembering the genuine warmth, care, love and encouragement they've always received from their ENFJ parents. They grow up feeling the lessons that have been woven into the fabric of their character, and recognize that they are the better for their parents' efforts."

  The Type A Personality Test: Results
Type A behavior pattern has been linked to a number of health problems. Although the literature is somewhat inconsistent because of problems with the conceptualization and definition of Type A behavior, studies have shown that Type A people run higher risks of cardiovascular diseases, cancer and other stress-related evils such as frequent colds, anxiety disorders, burnout, and depression. The risks seem to be reduced with intervention aimed at reducing Type A behavior. Indeed, those with pronounced Type A characteristics would be happier and healthier if they were to file down the jagged edges of their personality. By learning how to control the negative behavior patterns while preserving their drive, Type A people can be successful without sacrificing their emotional and physical well-being.
Your score = 46
 Ruler
Type A Score 46Your score



What does your score mean?
You seem to have a Type B personality. Your personality draws characteristics from each of the other personality types, that is, Type A and Type C. Either you adjust your behavior depending on the situation, or you tend to be moderated in your attitudes. In any case, you are the most balanced of the three personality types.
 
Cons:
  • Impatient and time urgency
  • Easily stressed
There is a  list of ways to deal with Type A personalities here
Some of which are:
  •  Make parenting less demanding and stressful.
  • Learn to alter your thought patterns into positive ones.
  •  Develop trust in yourself.
  • control frustrations but don't bottle up emotions
Today's assignment:
Try taking a free personality test and choose an area to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment