Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Day 6 for 31 days of May-keovers-Dig in deeper

 
The last few posts have been pretty in depth. The last few years stress and anxiety have been creeping up on my like a slow thunderstorm. I am really trying to relax more and try new things. I need to dig deeper and find more things to be passionate about. I will always be fighting against depression and stress. I will always be fighting against my own dark thoughts.

I decided to try gardening. I could see all the plants reverting back to seed to hide from the girl with the black thumb. hahaha Either that or they all decided to organize and commit plant suicide.

I do not have a green thumb at all! After a year of getting my peace lily I killed it, well, my swamp cooler did!

It is easy to get overwhelmed with all the things you can grow. You don't want to over water or under water your plants. Just like children they need to be cared for and nurtured. Even if my kids are driving me crazy I feel a sense of wonder and fulfillment watching these plants grow.

After we lost our little bunny my daughter really wanted some flowers so we decided to create a shade garden. It took a little bit of research to find plants that would work under a pine wood tree. That makes the soil very acidic.

So we decided on dead nettle for ground coverage. My daughter is digging the trench for them in the above picture. For flowers we did geraniums and bleeding heart.

Now, I need to be okay with getting my hands in the dirt . Icky! I hate getting my hands dirty! Baby steps right? I can just watch my kids dig in and find potato bugs, worms or just get really dirty. The other day my daughter collected about 50 potato bugs that were not aloud in the house!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment